Protecting your privacy is important to Pacific Insight Electronics Corp (“Pacific Insight”). This Policy explains how Pacific Insight collects, uses and discloses the personal information you may provide to Pacific Insight while using Pacific Insight’s website and the services provided through the website (collectively the “Website”). As used in this Policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, excluding business contact information described in Section 11 below.
- By using the Website or by submitting information to Pacific Insight through or in connection with the Website, you signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Information Automatically Collected Through The Website
- Non-Personal Information – The Website automatically collects certain information regarding Website usage, such as the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Website, the operating system you are using, and the Website pages read and images viewed. This information is used for the Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website. Non-personal information may be disclosed to other persons and permanently retained for future use.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
- Your Personal Information – During your use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and other contact information) in order to participate in promotions, submit suggestions or comments, or other online interactive activities offered through the Website. You can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you may not be able to use certain services provided by Pacific Insight that are based on the use of this information or access or use certain features of the Website that require this the use of this information to function.
- Use of Your Personal Information – Pacific Insight uses your personal information for the following purposes and as otherwise permitted by applicable law: (a) to help us understand better visitors’ use of the Website; (b) to respond to specific requests from you; (c) to contact and correspond with you regarding your inquiries to Pacific Insight; (d) to contact and correspond to you regarding promotions offered by Pacific Insight, its suppliers and contractors; and (e) to protect the security of the Website when necessary.
- Emails and Newsletters from Pacific Insight – If you would like to receive electronic messages from Pacific Insight about the company, its product information, the Website and other related matters, please email us and indicate “subscribe” in the subject line to sign up for our mailing list. At any time you may ask Pacific Insight to stop sending you email, newsletters and other information by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the electronic message you receive or by sending your request to Pacific Insight’s Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information – Pacific Insight may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
- Disclosure to Affiliates, Agents and Suppliers – Pacific Insight may provide your personal information to its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers in order to provide services to you. Pacific Insight requires its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers to agree to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to certain or any other persons, please send your request to Pacific Insight’s Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below; however, as noted above this may affect your ability to use those parts of the Website that rely on this information to function or to receive services from Pacific Insight that are based on the use of this information.
- Disclosure in Business Transactions – Pacific Insight may be involved in the sale, transfer or financing of some or all of its businesses. As part of any of those transactions, Pacific Insight may disclose your personal information to the counterparties to the transaction and their professional advisors, but will require the counterparties and their professional advisors to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy and will provide notice to you upon the completion of such transaction.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure – As permitted by applicable law, Pacific Insight may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Pacific Insight has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel. Pacific Insight has no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Access to Your Personal Information – You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal administrative fees. However, your rights to access your personal information are not absolute
We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy, unless the requested information is severable from the personal information of other people; and
- to protect our confidential commercial information.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
- Ensuring Accuracy of Your Information – Pacific Insight will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. Subject to certain exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you may request corrections to your personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. Requests for corrections to your personal information should be sent to Pacific Insight’s Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below. If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required. You can help Pacific Insight maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying Pacific Insight of any changes to your personal information.
- Depersonalized Information – Pacific Insight may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Website and related services. Pacific Insight may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently retain that non-personal information for future use.
- Business Contact Information – To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Policy concerning “personal information” do not apply to information (such as your personal name, position or title, business address, business telephone number, business fax number and business email address) which enable you to be contacted at a place of business.
- Location of Information – Pacific Insight will generally store and process your personal information in Canada. However, If we do choose in the future to use service providers located outside of Canada to process and/or store personal information for us, please note that personal information in the custody of these service providers may be subject to access by the law enforcement authorities of those jurisdictions in which the service providers are located.
- Our Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below, can provide further information about our policies and practices regarding service providers located outside of Canada and, if we do use such service providers, the Privacy Officer can provide further information about how these service providers, collect, use, disclose or store personal information on our behalf.
- Securing Your Information – Pacific Insight employs reasonable organizational, physical and technical security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in its possession or under its control in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks. Only those persons who need to have access to your personal information in order to carry out their duties with respect to the uses and disclosures set out above will have access to your personal information.
- Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and Pacific Insight cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed by unauthorized third parties and used or disclosed by such third parties in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
- Personal Information of Children – Pacific Insight does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the legal age of majority. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information on a child under the legal age of majority, we will delete that information from our systems. If you are under the legal age of majority, do not submit or post any information on the Website.
- Other Websites – The Website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. Pacific Insight has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Policy Changes – To accommodate changes in Pacific Insight, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time at Pacific Insight’s discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. Pacific Insight’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at the time of collection of personal information from you. New versions of the Policy will be posted on the Website. Your continued dealings with Pacific Insight or your use of the Website subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Website you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
- Former Users – If you stop using the Website or your permission to use the Website is terminated, Pacific Insight may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want Pacific Insight to stop sending you unsolicited email and other information, please send your request to Pacific Insight’s Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below.
Contacting The Company’s Privacy Officer
Pacific Insight’s Privacy Officer may be contacted by mail, telephone or email at:
Pacific Insight Electronics Corp.
4664 Lougheed Hwy, Unit 188
Burnaby, BC, Canada V5C 5T5
Attention: Privacy Officer